Eastern Sierra Workshop - Fall Colors
Sep 25-30, 2018
One of my favorite shooting locations is the Eastern Sierra. Full of colors and wonderful
light, the photographic opportunities are endless. As added value we are now extending this workshop to a full 5 days.
Now in our 12th year based in Bishop, Ca. Part of the focus of my workshops is to share my vision of
the natural world with others. This workshop is designed to offer the best of
the grand landscapes of the Eastern Sierra .. As you can see in my images, the color and light are dynamic. I have over 20 years of shooting experience in the Eastern Sierra's, guiding you to the best locations is always part of my workshop. You will also shoot the Milky Way in the Bristle COne Pine forest of the White Mountains.
This is the tentative itinerary:
- Tues evening at 6pm we will meet for orientation and introductions.
- Wed morning we rise early and shoot at Tom's Place and Rock Creek.
- Wed during the daytime hours we critique our images.
- Wed evening is shooting along the June Lake loop and the aspen colors.
- Thursday morning, we leave early and shoot the Buttermilk Rocks.
- Thursday daytime, is devoted to lectures on composition and lighting.
- Thursday Evening, we travel to Mono Lake..
- Friday sunrise, we shoot North Lake and other Aspens locations
- Friday Daytime, we critiques images.
- Friday evening, we travel to The Bristle Cone Pines.
- Sat Morning, we shoot at the Alabama Hills.
- Sat Daytime, more critiques and lectures on Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Sat Evening, shooting Aspen colors in the canyons..
- Sun Morning, adjourn.
If you've joined us for one of our workshops before, you know we offer many varied
locations. A laptop for editing your images is suggested for the critique sessions.
The lectures include teaching of the color zone system with the use of neutral
grad filters, the newest of technologies high dynamic range imaging using Luminosity Blending, composition and form, and an overview of digital fine art
also includes 5 nights accommodations In Bishop at the Best Western, beginning on Tuesday evening. Also included in the workshop are all breakfasts, a lunch and a farewell dinner on Saturday evening.
The total for the complete workshop is $1450.00. A deposit of $650 will hold your seat
in the class. The balance is due 60 days prior to the workshop date. Please either e-mail us or call at (916) 223-5211 for further details. To register click on the link above.
This is one of our most popular workshops so early registration is suggested.
Other Scenic Light Workshops