Winter in Yellowstone
Feb.. 5- Feb.. 10, 2019
Click on any image to the right for photos from 2018
This workshop is truly an adventure of a lifetime.
We have been offering this outstanding event to private groups for 7 years. It will limited to only 6-8 participants. This will give everyone the opportunity to be personally guided by Bob Evans with hands on instruction. He will teach you new skills and techniques on composition, Photoshop CC and Lightroom cc. In addition we will have critique sessions at the hotel . In 2018 we were overjoyed with the opportunity to shoot and entire wolf pack of 17 individuals. Lets hope 2019 brings us the same fortune.
This workshop not only offers you personal attention, but it is in one of the most iconic locations for Winter photography. Yellowstone is our first national park and still one of the most dynamic. Creative image making is endless. With natures geothermal pools and geysers, as well as the most wonderful assortment of wildlife in the U.S.
Here are all the amenities that are included in this workshop:
- Feb. 5, 2019 Transportation from Bozeman, Mt to Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone.
- Transfers from Mammoth to Old Faithful Snow lodge. The trip includes 5 nights lodging in the Snow Lodge at Old Faithful Basin. It also includes all sit down breakfasts in the lodge.
- On Wednesday you will ride in our private snow coach charter to explore the many locations in the park. Including the Fire hole River, Paint Pots Geyser basin, Madison River wildlife, and Midway Basin, plus many more locations, This is a full 8 hour private tour.
- On Thursday we spend the day hiking around the Old Faithful Geyser basin. There are countless pool,s geysers and springs to capture great images.
- On Friday we again jump aboard a private snow coach for an all day outing. We search for wildlife as well as stops at the many thermal areas. This day we travel the entire snow covered roads and shoot Yellowstone Falls, wildlife and West Thumb Geysers basin. A 100 mile trip!
- Saturday is a hike along the many geothermal sites in and around Old Faithful geyser. Including lots of wildlife.
- Sunday we shuttle in the morning back to Mammoth Hot springs and then transfer back to Bozeman..
- Sunday night we all meet for a no host farewell dinner.
- Monday Feb.. 11 We leave Bozeman Airport for home
Everything that we have mentioned above is included in the workshop. Your only expense will be Lunches, evening meals , flights and the hotel in Bozeman if necreesary.The hotel in Bozeman will also provide transportation to and from the hotel and the airport.
This once in a life time trip includes all transportation to and from Yellowstone, 5 nights at the Snow lodge, 2 private coach tours all around Yellowstone, all lectures and critiques and of course the most wonderful place to visit in the winter.
For 2019 we are able to offer you more flexible pricing. If 4-5 people signup for the event then the prices will be aa shown below, however if 6-7 people attend, the prices will be reduced by $300 per seat. Also if couples attend there will be additional discounts based upon double occupancies.
Total cost is $3950 with an $1800 deposit holding your seat in the class. The balance is due 90 days prior. Your card will not be charged for the deposit until all lodging is booked. Sometime in late May However we do need your commitment for the trip at the time of registration. There are discounts for couples attending this trip.
For more information and to register click the link or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 916 223 5211
Here are some comments from last years participants in the Yellowstone workshop:
"Bob' workshops are always informative, packed full of instruction, in beautiful places and a lot of fun. One of the absolute best is the Winter in Yellowstone workshop. The class group is small, giving Bob the opportunity for plenty of one-on-one instruction. He provides a fact-filled class, leading us on park tours by Snow Cat and on foot. The wildlife are abundant (bison, foxes, wolves, bald eagles, elk and more) and the scenery is magnificent, even more so in the winter, so there is literally something for every photographer. This is the workshop of a lifetime for the serious photographer. Don't miss it.
And, it's even true... "
Yellowstone Winter Photo Trip with Bob Evans
"This trip was fantastic. Even before we got to Snow Lodge, I had gotten great shots of the Tetons, the Lewis River and hot springs. The accommodations at Snow Lodge were great and the dining room never disappointed. There’s just so much to shoot that it can be overwhelming. On days when we were’t on snow cat trips; we went out early and again near sunset. The “free” time was filled with working on the previous shots for the critiques. Those sessions were some of the most valuable as I could see how other folks had handled the same setting. Bob’s comments were always instructive and incisive. The best days were when we went out on the snow cats. One of these was a “Photo Tour” and there were a few other folks along. But on the second day we had the cat all to ourselves. We did the “loop” and saw geyser basins and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Just an amazing trip. "
Please note that due to the nature of this private event, full deposit refunds may not be available. Only partial refunds can be given due to booking lodges,, transportation, and private charters many months in advance